No matter which kind of acrylic sheet, the transparency is extremely high, and it is called crystal. More importantly, it is rich in color and can be processed. It can be made into a variety of shapes and shapes. Therefore, the use is very wide, from home decoration to hotel supplies, to outdoor advertising light boxes, to the construction industry, etc., all play its role.
1Extrusion type acrylic sheet: This technology uses acrylic pellets as raw material, and adds acrylic particle raw materials to the hopper of the screw extruder by manual loading of the pelletized goods, and then extrudes and plasticizes and then extrudes from the die. Acrylic sheet is obtained by three-roll extrusion and film coating. Process: Molten acrylic material -> screw extruder -> die -> calendering -> film -> cutting -> packaging.
2 pouring acrylic sheet: This technology uses MMA as raw material, under the action of initiator, heat polymerization, when the conversion rate reaches 10%, it is cooled to normal temperature, and after degassing, it is poured into a template made of inorganic glass, and passed through a water bath. And the drying room is heated, and the material is completely polymerized and then released, and the acrylic sheet is coated and finished into a finished product. The template that leaves is regrouped and recycled.
The difference between acrylic sheet extrusion and casting type
1 performance difference:
Acrylic cast sheets have high molecular weight, excellent stiffness, strength and excellent chemical resistance. They are more suitable for thermoforming, but have large thickness tolerances and no filaments after fire. Acrylic extruded board: Compared with casted board, the extruded board has lower molecular weight and weaker mechanical properties. It is more suitable for vacuum forming. The thickness of the sheet is small and the surface is flat. The thickness can be freely customized. There is silk.
2 the difference in production:
Acrylic cast sheets are suitable for small batch processing, with unmatched flexibility in color system and surface texture effects, and are available in a wide range of specifications for a variety of special applications. Acrylic extruded sheets are produced in large quantities and are inconvenient to adjust in color, so the products are limited by certain colors. However, mass production can reduce the production of finished products, and there are great advantages in production size specifications. It can be cut directly according to production requirements, without waste of scrap.
Precautions when using extruded acrylic
1. Note on temperature: The long-term use temperature of PMMA board is 80 °C, and it will be deformed at high temperature. Therefore, if the storage temperature is at least 50 °C;
2. Attention to damage and scratches The surface hardness of acrylic resin is almost the same as that of aluminum. Although it is a hard type in plastics, it must be noticed when used. In order to protect the surface, a protective paper is attached to the acrylic resin. In order to prevent scratches and adhesion of dust during use, it is recommended that you use the protective paper as much as possible and peel it off. In addition, during work, wear protective equipment, gloves, etc., because you protect your hands while protecting the surface of the board. When removing the dirt on the surface of the board, use a soft cloth dampened with water or a mild detergent to wash it.
3. Precautions for adhering dust If the surface of the acrylic resin is wiped with a dry cloth, there is a tendency to be charged by friction, and it is easy to adhere to free dust in the air and cause scratches. It is recommended that you use a soft cloth dampened with antistatic agent or methanol containing antistatic agent and gently wipe.
4. Precautions for line expansion Acrylic resin, like many plastics, has a linear expansion ratio and must be considered for expansion and contraction due to temperature changes. It is desirable to be able to store and process (use) under constant conditions, and if there is a temperature difference, for example, under a temperature difference of 20 ° C, about 1.4 mm of expansion and contraction per 1 m length.
5. For moisture precautions, acrylic resin will also expand and contract due to humidity. The response speed is not as fast as the temperature change, so you must pay attention when using it. If the plate is not uniformly absorbed, the degree of elongation varies with each part of the plate, and warping sometimes occurs.
6. For solvent precautions, acrylic resin may crack on the surface due to corrosion of paint and solvent. Therefore, do not store it in a place where solvent vapor is present in the paint storage room or spray booth. Please use it in a clean place.
7. Precautions for burning Although acrylic resin is not a flammable dangerous product, it will catch fire and burn if exposed to flame.
8. Precautions for the placement method during storage The two methods of placing the acrylic resin in a horizontal and vertical position have their own advantages. Incorrect custody can cause "warping". The following storage methods are recommended as a solution.
(a): Tilt it 10° when standing upright, please keep the whole board tight. In this case, the total plate thickness should be within 30 cm.