The performance characteristics of engineering plastics are mainly:
(1) Compared with general-purpose plastics, it has excellent heat resistance and cold resistance, and has excellent mechanical properties in a wide temperature range, and is suitable for use as a structural material;
(2) Good corrosion resistance, less environmental impact, and good durability;
(3) Compared with metal materials, it is easy to process, has high production efficiency, and can simplify procedures and save costs;
(4) Good dimensional stability and electrical insulation;
(5) Light weight, high specific strength, and outstanding friction and wear resistance.