The Hardness Selection Of Common Engineering Plastic Is Chosen
The hardness selection of common Engineering Plastic is chosen
Hardness is a very important property parameter of the elastomer TPE | TPR. It is very important to grasp the hardness of Engineering Plastic accurately when new products are tested.
1. For the first contact with the user of Engineering Plastic, the hardness value provided by the user should be confirmed. Sometimes customers may refer to the hardness of PVC, which is different from the hardness and meaning of TPE.
2. The hardness value of the material provided by the customer can be used as a reference for the material selection, but it is better to let the customer provide the sample (sample material) so that the engineer can accurately test the hardness of the material. Sometimes customers may be new products, and the rigidity may not be accurate.
3. Samples provided by customers. Test hardness, experienced engineers in general measurement sample size thicker (usually 4 ~ 6 mm), and the position of a flat surface, such measurement result is relatively accurate, sample is thinner or uneven surface, cannot be accurately hardness measurement. If the user has sent the samples to the best, the sample will be packed into a flat test sheet with a thickness of about 6mm, and then the test results will be more accurate.
The hardness reading time should be noted. When testing material hardness, use the delay reading. General thermoplastic elastomer TPE mechanical stress relaxation will happen (yield) and creep, etc., in the read value, usually in material force (shaw hardness meter pressure needle into the material) read after 5 ~ 10 seconds, soft hardness TPE slightly longer delay reading time.
5. Engineering Plastic with hardness of 10 ~ 95A, which are usually measured by shao's A hardness meter; The hardness is higher than 95A, and the shaoshi A hardness test is not sensitive enough. The hardness is below 10A and measured using the shaw C (OO) hardness meter. The shao's D hardness needle is pointed at the top of the needle, the shaoshi A hardness tester is blunt, the shao's C hardness pressure needle is the circular arc of the ball.
Engineering Plastic as the biggest one of the most important Engineering Plastic varieties, has a strong vitality, mainly lies in its modified to realize high-performance, followed by cars, electronics, communications, electronics, machinery and other industries to the requirements of the product's performance is more and more intense, the rapid development of related industries, promoting the progress of high-performance Engineering Plastic, modified Engineering Plastic the development trend of the future will show the following:
(1) the market demand of high strength and high rigidity engineering plastic is more and more big, the new reinforced material, such as inorganic whisker reinforced, carbon fiber reinforced PA will become the important varieties, mainly used in automobile engine parts, machinery parts, as well as aviation equipment parts.
Engineering plastic alloying will become the mainstream of the development of modified Engineering Plastic. Engineering plastic alloying is an important way to realize the high performance of Engineering Plastic. It is also the main means to make plastic special materials for Engineering Plastic and improve the performance of Engineering Plastic. By blending other high polymer, it can improve the water absorption of Engineering Plastic, improve the dimensional stability of products, and low temperature brittleness, heat resistance and wear resistance. Therefore, the application of different requirements of the car.
The manufacturing technology and application of nano-Engineering Plastic will be developed rapidly. The advantages of nano Engineering Plastic are its thermal properties, mechanical properties, flame retardancy and barrier properties are higher than pure Engineering Plastic, while the manufacturing cost is equivalent to the backrest Engineering Plastic. Thus, it is very competitive.
The flame retardant Engineering Plastic used in electronics, electric and electric appliances are increasing, and the green flame retardant Engineering Plastic are becoming more and more important in the market.
Anti-static, conductive Engineering Plastic and magnetic Engineering Plastic will become the first choice materials for electronic equipment, mining machinery and textile machinery.
The research and application of the processing auxiliaries will promote the functional and high-energy process of modified Engineering Plastic.
With the application of comprehensive technology, the refinement of products will become the new driving force for the development of industry.