1. Mechanical properties Index name Unit Test method Index Density g/cm3 ASTM1505 0.94 Breaking strength MPa D638 42 Elongation at break % D638 350 Notched impact strength of simply supported beam Kj/m2 D256 ≥100
2. Thermal performance: Index name Unit Measurement method Index Melting point °C ASTMD2117 136 Vicat softening point °C ASTMD1512 134 Thermal expansion factor 10-4/°C ASTMD648 1.5 Heat distortion temperature (4.6kg/cm2) °C ASTMD648 90
3. Electrical properties: Index name Unit Test method Index Volume resistivity ohm.cm ASTMD257 1017 Surface resistivity Ohm ASTMD257 1013 Dielectric strength KV/mm ASTMD149 900 Dielectric coefficient 106 Hertz ASTMD150 2.3
4. Cold resistance When the molecular weight of high density polyethylene exceeds 500,000, the embrittlement temperature drops to -140 °C. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene can even act under liquid nitrogen or liquid helium. It can be used at temperatures below -269 °C and still has a certain mechanical strength.
5. Abrasion resistance Ultra high molecular weight polyethylene has excellent wear resistance. The higher the molecular weight, the better the wear resistance of the material. Ultra-high and other material wear comparison parameter material UHME-PE PTFE PA66 POM 45# carbon steel stainless steel yellow steel wear rate average 0.74 2.31 1.51 3.1 4.02 4.05 16.74 Note: Abrasion resistance performance test conditions: sand / water = 3 / 2 (Important ratio) Use sand for construction between 16 mesh and 24 mesh/hour. The test piece rotates at 800 rpm, and the test piece is 60 mm × 40 mm × 3 mm. Each test piece is ground for 7 hours.
6. Comparison of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene wear rate.